About The TRADOC
The Training and Doctrine Command Nigerian Army (TRADOC NA) was established as a senior think-tank of the Nigerian Army in 1981. It is located in Minna Niger State. Minna which is the capital of Niger state is on 3.200 east and longitude 11.300 north. Minna is about 150km away from the Federal Capital and is endowed with arable land that is good for farming and animal husbandry.
TRADOC NA is reputably known as the alternate NA Headquarters and offers advices, ideas and probable solutions to training and operational challenges of the NA. When numerous divisions are committed concurrently in the field, TRADOC NA automatically acts as a Corps Headquarters to coordinate, direct and control operational exigencies of the divisions.
As part of its core functions, TRADOC NA superintends and supports military training to ensure quality and relevance, and coordinates research and development efforts of the NA corps and schools. Furthermore, it develops and evaluates doctrine, force structure and ensures the implementation of AHQ policies on training and R&D. To ensure the professional development of NA personnel, TRADOC NA updates and produces training manuals, examination modules, and prepares and conducts promotion examinations for the personnel.
Likewise, TRADOC NA coordinates the testing and evaluation of newly acquired operational equipment and acts generally as a quality manager for the NA in liaison with corps, schools and other relevant establishments. It ensures the professional development of junior leaders on broad and specific core competencies that could shape and prepare them for future challenges. Broadly speaking, TRADOC NA works at preparing the NA in concurrence with other arms and services to succeed in land component, joint and combined warfare.
- Nigerian Army Fisrt Quarter 2019 COAS Conference Scheduled for 22 - 26 Apr 19
- TRADOC NA Doctrine and Combat Development Workshop for Junior Commnders Holding at HQ TRADOC NA from 28 Apr - 2 May 19
Meet TRADOC Commander
Maj Gen AA Salihu was born on the 19 Jun 63 at Imoga in the current Edo State, although he hails from Okengwe – Okene in Kogi State. He attended Federal Government College, Kaduna from where he gained admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy in Jan 82.
He was commissioned to the rank of Second Lieutenant and posted to the Nigerian Army Signals in Dec 84. He has attended several courses during his career and enjoyed steady promotions up to his current rank of major general. He has also served in several capacities in the Army. His last three appointments were COLOG at AHQ from Jul 15 – Dec 15, D Policy DHQ from Dec 15 – Jan 17 and CDC at DHQ from Jan 17 – Jan 18. He is currently the Comd TRADOC NA, Minna.
He served in formations/units and held several appointments in Command, Staff as well as instructional capacities such as Comd 55 Sigs Comd from Feb 07 – Aug 08, DCOS G1 HQ NAS from Sep 09 – Dec 10, Dir NASDC from Jan 11 – Jan 12, Comd 53 Div Sigs from Jan 12 – Jan 13 and Dir DJS AFCSC from Feb 13 – Dec 13 amongst several others.
He is an ECOMOG veteran, has several military and civil awards which include; Grand Service Star, Pass Staff Course(+), Fellow Defence College, Bachelor of Science in Electronics from Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife, Master of Science in Strategic studies from University of Ibadan, Member of National Institute of Management, Member International Institute of Professional Security, General Service Medal of Honour.
The senior officer enjoys jogging, walking, reading and surfing the net at his leisure. Maj Gen AA Salihu is happily married and blessed with children.
- Develops and evaluate doctrine and force structure for the NA and in liaison with other services
- Implements AHQ training policies and directives.
- Implements AHQ R&D Policy by conducting research and development in conjunction with DHQ, DICON, NN, NAF and other relevant civil establishments.
- Provides training support and technology for the NA.
- Co-ordinates test and evaluation of all operational equipment, quality control and assurance of all non- operational requirements in liaison with Corps, schools and other relevant establishments
- Produces books, pamphlets, training manuals, examination modules and coordinate Army printing presses in liaison with NAOC
- Conducts NA Promotion Examination
- Act as a Corp HQ when two Divisions are simultaneously committed in operations
- Monitors of NA schools training curricular
- The professional Think Tank of the NA.